CALL US! (632) 462-1800
Nutrition Guide for Filipinos
1. Eat a variety of foods everyday. The human body needs more than 40 different nutrients for good health. Eat a variety of foods, to provide all the nutrients required in the proper amount and balance.
2. Breast-feed infants exclusively from birth to 4-6 months and then, give appropriate foods while continuing breast-feeding.
3. Maintain children's normal growth through proper diet and monitor their growth regularly
4. Consume fish, lean meat, poultry or dried beans. Including fish, lean meat, poultry, or dried beans in the daily meals will not only enhance the protein quality if the diet but also supply highly absorbable iron, preformed vitamin A and zinc.
5. Eat more vegetables, fruits and root crops. The consumption of more vegetables, fruits and root crops is encouraged to help correct the micro nutrient deficiencies consistently noted in national nutrition surveys. Eating root crops will add dietary energy to the meal.
7. Consume milk, milk products and other calcium-rich foods such as small fish and dark green leafy vegetables everyday. An adequate amount of calcium in the diet starting from childhood all through adulthood will help prevent osteoporosis in later life.
8. Eat clean and safe food. It is important to buy foods that are safe. Purchase food only from reliable sources. In addition, care must be taken when preparing and serving meals to prevent food-borne diseases.
9. For a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition, exercise regularly, do not smoke and avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.